Wills & Estates
Wareham Probate & Estate Lawyer
For over 30 years, Attorney Dennis Conry's expert advice on wills, trusts and probate has benefitted individual and family clients throughout Southeastern Massachusetts. With his comprehensive knowledge of estate planning and inheritance law, he is able to help clients provide for their family's future.
The Importance of an Estate Plan
Having a comprehensive estate plan is an important way to define how your assets will be distributed upon your death, provide for the guardianship of minor children and ensure that your wishes will be followed should you become incapacitated.
Attorney Conry will work closely with you to analyze your financial and healthcare situation and determine your personal wishes. He will then develop a comprehensive estate plan. Once your estate plan is finalized, he will ensure that all necessary documents are executed and that any executors are fully informed. In addition, he will work with you to ensure that your estate plan evolves to meet any new needs resulting from life events such as the birth of a child.
Don't leave it to the courts to determine how your assets will be divided!
A will allows you to:
- Designate an executor to administer your estate
- Appoint a guardian to care for your children
- Determine asset management for surviving children
- Divide and distribute assets and property, and pass assets to trusts
A trust can:
- Provide for your or your spouse's care if either of you become incapacitated and are unable to make competent decisions about your care or finances
- Provide a framework in which your children's financial support, healthcare and educational needs can be assured in the event you die before they have been met
- Provide for any children or grandchildren with special needs
- Provide a financial framework to help you fulfill your charitable objectives
- Lessen your estate's exposure to Federal and State estate taxes
The United States has been called the most "litigious society" in the world, partially because of the constantly increasing number of lawsuits involving everything from spilled coffee to neighbors' disputes. Worse, you never really know what a jury might decide, regardless of how frivolous a lawsuit may appear.
Asset protection is a strategy to title your savings, property, business, and other assets to shield them from lawsuits and other claims. Asset protection helps prevent your adversaries from seizing your wealth.
Attorney Conry can help you create a "safety net" for your assets. He can provide the guidance that individuals, families and owners of closely-held companies need in understanding the risks they face. He can design creative asset protection plans to guard against potential liabilities.
For more information, contact our office to schedule a free consultation. Our office is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and evenings by appointment.
Law Offices of Dennis J. Conry ® 245 Main Street, Wareham, MA 02571
Attorney Dennis J. Conry serves clients throughout Southeastern Massachusetts, the South Shore and Cape Cod, including Barnstable, Bourne, Braintree, Bridgewater, Brockton, Buzzards Bay, Cataumet, Dartmouth, East Falmouth, Fall River, Falmouth, Fairhaven, Freetown, Hyannis, Kingston, Mashpee, Marion, Mattapoisett, Middleboro, New Bedford, Plymouth, Rochester, Sandwich, Swansea, Taunton,
Quincy, Yarmouth, Wareham
© 2011 by Law Offices of Dennis J. Conry. All rights reserved.